Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Off to school!

So my little boy was off to his first day of school. I think I realized he was not so little anymore just before his 4th birthday last week. I always sneak into his room at night to check on him before I go to bed, I love to look at his sweet sleeping self. Gosh most days that is the only time he is quiet like that! I stare at his face, it isn't baby anymore. I remember a neighbour friend telling me about how she woke up one morning and her little guy was a "boy". He lost all that babyness about him, his body was tall and thin, there was no baby fat left or belly bulge that babies always have, and his face was so grown up. Well I totally understand what she was talking about now because that has happened here too! Am I sad about it? YES... but I am also happy. I love seeing how smart and independent he is becoming.
Miss E and I sit here this morning sad. We miss him! She is lost without him, it happens every time he goes to stay at Hamma's house. As a baby he couldn't say Grandma so he said Hamma and she love it - so it stuck! I am excited that I finally have time back to focus on business, it was really hard over the summer with both kids at home. Keeping them happy and me from going crazy was all I could do most days! But it isn't the same now. At least I get to pick him up in an hour, thankfully he only goes in the morning. Oh and please remind me of this post when I complain later about my crazy afternoons!
My beautiful son - a 4 year old "little boy" who just started school. A little crazy, a little sweet, a typical boy!









and the typical back to school shot in the car!

No comments: