Monday, June 8, 2009

Going on a road trip!

Bright and early tomorrow morning my husband and I are hoping in his flashy red sports car and hitting the road. We are going on a road trip, without our kids! We are going to do a little shopping (for those of you Canadians who love shopping in the US you know what I mean) and my main place to stop is Target. Yes some might think that is nuts, but we don't have Target in Canada and there are so many items that I hear all about through my wonderfully great American friends and wish I could buy. So I have my list here and all ready for my shopping trip to Target!

This is the first trip without kids, ever! Yes it is just an overnight, but still it is 2 days with no kids. It is 11 hours total in the car without kids! It will be quiet (well besides the concert), there will be no fighting (unless the hubby bothers me) and I will be able to sleep in (ask me on Thursday if I was up by 8am). Oh my small small world!!

Well we are excited! Why are we embarking on this adventure? Eddie Vedder is why. For those of you that don't know who he is, you needed to pay more attention to the grunge scene in the 90's, okay just joking! Eddie is the lead singer of Pearl Jam. He did a great soundtrack to an amazing movie "Into the Wild" and did a solo tour last year. We saw him in Toronto last August and it was amazing, a real intimate show with amazing music. That man can do amazing things by himself, I can't wait to see Pearl Jam in TO in August. I have been a fan since the beginning, but it is my husband who has really pushed the music back on us. The entire family loves it, really my 2 and 4 year old rock out and know the words to most of their music. Well he decided to do a couple more shows before the band sets out on their tour so we jumped at the chance to see him again.

Well enough about the music, I better get my butt off this computer and pack, I am leaving in 8 hours and I still need to sleep! I am so excited I am not sure if I will be able to sleep. Does that make me sound like a bad parent? I will miss my kids, honestly I will. Well maybe only for a minute!! Okay ask me how much my hubby and I talked about them while we were going. We both are so looking forward to getting away but I am sure we will miss them dearly.

No comments: