Monday, June 7, 2010

When life deals you lemons, you make lemonade.

Over the past 6 weeks I have had many things that I have wanted to type here, but I held back.  I was uneasy about what I wanted to share, and I still am... our life has been flipped upside down.  Just when you think you have your life planned out and everything is going great, something major happens and you are all of the sudden trying to figure out what to do.

Well the middle of April we had a day that has changed our life forever.

As time has passed we are realizing how good this has been.  Hard to imagine some days, but it is.  We are finally free from people that have done nothing but cause us huge grief, something you don't expect from family that close to you.

In all of this there are a few things that have kept me going - my family, they are very supportive and we are very lucky to have them.  Our friends who don't judge, and are there to offer a hug.  My online world that will always make me laugh and forget the reality that has become my world.

My businesses Lindsay Brewda Design and Grace Announcements have been the biggest sources of keeping me going.  They won't allow me to stop and wallow in self pity.  My customers need me and I need them... and that is something I am very thankful for.  I have been so busy that I don't have time to clean my house let alone realize that my very own dream house might not be mine anymore one day soon.

The lemonade in it all is that I finally have something that I have wanted for a while.  I have my amazing talented husband helping me grow the business.  He has always been a behind the scene's guy, when I had Miss E 3 years ago I needed someone to pick up orders from the printer and ship them, and he has been that guy.  But I always wanted him to help more, he just never had the time.  Well now he has nothing but time, and in that he is bringing his amazing business mind and natural sales and marketing skill to Grace Announcements so we can finally take it to the next level.

Before kids we use to work together, we ran a couple businesses together, but after I had Kal I had to stop working and so we parted business ways.  Well 6 years later we are back in the office together.  We (mainly me!) need to figure out how to work together again.  I understand I have problems letting go, I have been doing this on my own for 5 years now so I guess I might be a bit controlling!  I tell him I promise that I will get better, that I appreciate him being here and that I really do need him.... if I could just act that way we would be great.

People some would call "family" dealt us lemons, and we will make lemonade and rise above it!

No comments: