Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our Follow Up

So sadly I come to post with not much information...

But I wanted to come and update all those who have shown their support.  I called Ninja Jump and was told to email the details so it could get forwarded to management.  I did and have still not heard anything.  I will be following up tomorrow.

There have been reports put in with Health Canada by myself and the family of the birthday boy.

Today Angela also known as partymomma on twitter gave me the contact information to a really helpful man who gave me some great information.  He told me that most likely the Aurora Sports Dome was operating this bounce house without a licence or insurance.  That they should have had someone from their establishment supervising, that as a public facility it should never be left up to the parents.  He told me that Ninja Jump will do nothing and to contact TSSA.

So I contacted TSSA who took all the information and is looking up the Aurora Sports Dome.

I will be stopping by there tomorrow afternoon in hopes of talking to someone in charge.

I have also talked about the birthday boy family about taking this to the local papers, as it seems that the sports dome was in the wrong here.

I will not stop until I get some real answers... I will not allow this to happen to another child.


On a side note I noticed someone shared my story on "the Bump" thank you very much for helping spread the word on this danger!

I tried to log in so that I could comment but for whatever reason I get logged in but the moment I go to the post I can't post and it logs me back out.  So I wanted to add to some of the feedback here.

It is not known who did this to my son, or I would have dealt with him and his family.  My son didn't know who he was and all he could remember about him was that he was wearing a black shirt.  Half of the kids were wearing black shirts because they were on a certain team for the soccer game at the beginning of the party.  Many kids gave their thoughts but every one was different so what and who do you believe.  Him or his family have not come forward and I don't believe they ever will.  No my son was not playing with any kids after this incident.  Once we were both calmed down (enough so I could drive) we left.

This very well could have happened without another child wrapping it for him.  That is probably the exact reason that Ninja Jump has removed the strap and replaced it with handles.  The problem is they have done nothing to modify or remove the models out there that have the strap.  You can not put a 5-6 foot long lose strap hanging inside of something and not have this risk - look at blind cords.

I also didn't leave my children unattended for a moment, I followed them around as they played, that is why I was standing 2 feet away from the backside talking with one of his classmates parents when this happened.  That is how I heard him screaming.  If I was not right there this story might not have ended in a happy ending.

The reason I will not allow my kids into a bounce house again is because of the many hidden dangers.  I would have never expected that there would be a 5-6 foot long strap/rope inside that could get tangled around any child.  Unless I go inside to make sure the unit is safe my kids will not play in it.

My son has said himself at 6 years old that he will never play in one again.

No comments: