Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Why is everything so much harder with little kids???

So we are moved, but not as settled as we would like to be. Still surrounded by boxes and missing some things that I really need but we are here. Our phones work, our internet works and I can get back to work. I was so busy that I never really had the chance to miss working. This is hard for me to admit. I am afterall the one who was home working when my daughter was only a day old!

These past couple of weeks have been hard. I am so tired and can't seem to catch up on sleep or feel rested for even a day. All of the stuff to prepare for moving and then moving and then unpacking has been so much more than I ever expected. My kids were fantastic through all this, thanks to my mom who spent almost a week with us when she was sick. But it was not as simple as coming and going, missing a meal because the kitchen was not ready, and sleeping in because we were up so late packing boxes. I can't complain that much though - both kids have been amazing since we moved in. They love the new place, my son loves all the dirt!

I will finish getting settled and making an amazing studio where I can be creative in my own space. I will get rid of all the boxes, find a home for everything and look back a few months from now and wonder why I even complained - but until then I will be tired and scatterbrained! I will try to unpack with the kids around, work with them around and enjoy the summer. Hopefully having some fun along the way!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you pulled if off girl! YOU GO! Take the time to get everything in place to prepare for booming business! This an exciting new season for you an I am happy to be able to support you in any way you see fit. Don't forget about that business plan!! As they say, if you don't plan you plan to fail! I'm here for you!