Sunday, July 6, 2008

The View

I sit here in my new office, at my new desk, on my old computer looking out my window. I don't have the nicest view at the moment. Lots of dirt and construction stuff around me but it is a nice window that I can look out so that is a big deal for me. I know soon it will be beautiful outside, with trees, green grass and flowers. It will be great inspiration for me on those days where I am so tired from staying up late the night before designing. This entire office is such a dream for me. I have the freedom to make this space just for me. It is my room and only mine! It has been years now where I have worked on my laptop and my end table in my living room. Where my supplies where on a couple shelves in my linen closet. There was no peace and quiet, no closing myself off from my family if I needed to. Of course this room will have stuff for my kids too, it has to. I do afterall work from home while taking care of them! I am typing this with Miss E on my lap banging on the keys.

I think every mom needs her own space. Her place to go for a little alone time. Her closet (my new one is the size of a room and I keep joking about putting a bed in there for when I really want to be alone!!), her bathroom, the storage room in the basement, heck even her car - somewhere she can go to be alone for a few minutes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tag! You're it!

Generate traffic to your blog, by playing along in this game of Blog Tag. Go to http://www.joegirl.com to find out what to do.

Love your designs, Lindsay. Looking forward to reading how your new office is working out. Pictures!!!