Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fash the Dress: Cool idea for after your wedding

I know these amazing photographers who's blog I visit often, I just love to see what they have been up to. Well I noticed this post a while ago tagged "Fash the Dress" and loved the idea. I have seen many "trash the dress" shoots but what if you love your beautiful gown too much to do that. Typical me thinks of the cost, wedding dresses are not cheap! What about my baby girl. She might grow up one day and like to try on my wedding dress like I did with my moms. Well with Fash the Dress you get to keep your perfect dress perfect but still have fun - who could ask for more?!

I know I was sad how fast my wedding day went by. I felt like I was rushed through so many things. I had to stuff my face with the delicious appetizers in between shots. I loved the photos I got but I wish that I could have had a lot more time. I loved my dress (yes back then it was a beautiful gown!) and would have loved to have enjoyed it more. Instead it is hanging in my closet still in its bag from my wedding night, never cleaned, covered in black around the bottom. Sad I know. I would love to do a "Fash the Dress", without my dirty 1990's wedding dress that I could not do up if I wanted to thanks to the 10 extra pounds still left over from my beautiful babies. It is just not worth a fashion shoot.

Now I do see many beautiful gowns in the windows of bridal salons that I would love to try on. But my husband always gives me a funny look when I tell him that! So for now I share this great idea with my readers. If you are getting married you should contact Dave and Charlotte so you can Fash your Dress!!

Please promise not to laugh at me in all my 1990's style... forgive me it was a while ago! At least I look good. But then again I look like I am 16, I promise I was not married at 16.




So here is a picture of me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shucks Lindsay, you're making us **blush**

Thanks for the generous comments on our work. We love Fashing the Dress for the exact reasons you said. You just put it eloquently!

Dave & Charlotte