Sunday, October 19, 2008

I am too sick to come in to work today

I pick up the phone and say "I am too sick to come in to work today" but there is no response on the other end. Why would my boss not answer me? Oh wait I don't have a boss who can tell me it is okay to stay home and get lots of rest!

My boss is a 4 year old and a 20 month old, and there is no way that they would ever let me spend the day in bed. Instead they will require 5 meals a day, play time and make sure that there is a lot of extra noise to help make my horrible headache feel much much worse! So here I sit, sick with a horrible cold. No amount of Advil can make me feel even a little better. And I wish I could call in sick. My house looks like a bomb went off in it, but I don't care. I will spend a week catching up on work, my house and laundry.

Oh well what can I do?! I am a mom and that means I work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year with no sick days. But I do get lots of hugs and kisses that make up for it. Even if those kisses are what made me sick!!

Do you have any ways that you deal with those horrible cold symptoms? Please share! I use a great homeopathic cough syrup that works wonders and is safe for kids over 2. It is called Stodal by Boiron. When I search their site it is no longer listed but they have Chestal now which looks the exact same. Another great tip I learned a last year is use nipple cream (yes nipple cream - the kind used for breastfeeding!) on the area around your nose. Just make sure that you get nipple cream that is 100% pure lanolin ointment or cream. It lasts through the endless blowing your nose, and if your nose is already sore and raw it will heal it. It really works. Even my husband uses it and he told our son's teacher about it!!

No comments: