Saturday, October 4, 2008

The fun parts of being a mom!

Oh I figured my readers would get a kick out of my adventures of being a mom over the last couple of days!

So on Wednesday I notice that Kal had missed the toilet when peeing in the powder room. I was just dealing with Miss E at the time so I forgot about it until later. When I came to clean it I wanted to make sure that it was in fact him and not our sick cat who might have peed there. So I smelled it! It was him. Well I wiped it up and went about my day. The next day I noticed the smell of pee in my mudroom. The powder room is right off of it. I was running out to pick up Kal from school so I had to leave it. Later that day when we got home my mom said it smelled like cat litter in there. I got out the cleaners and a scrub brush thinking maybe it was saturated into the grout around the toilet. The next morning Dave and I noticed it still smelled! So I was talking to my mother in law that morning so I mentioned it to her. She is the mother of 2 boys so she has been in the land of pee all over the bathroom many times! She said to try vinegar. I did and thought I had finally taken care of it. Well this morning it still stinks, and bad! Dave says he thinks it is the floor steamer sitting in the closet beside the bathroom. I take it apart and clean it. Doesn't smell great but certainly doesn't smell like the strong smell of pee I have had to deal with over the last 3 days. I decide to try cleaning the toilet, emptying the garbage and steaming the floors again. When I go to move the step stool and empty the garbage I am thrown back by the yellow liquid in my bathroom garbage can. I call Dave and Kal in and ask Kal if he peed in there. We started to wonder if it really was the cat and if we needed to put him down as he is dying and if he was peeing all over our new house then it was a bad sign. When I told Kal he was not going to get in trouble, I just needed him to tell me the truth so we didn't have to do the "bad" with the cat he confessed. Of course he doesn't tell me why, he is 4! So out goes my entire garbage can into a garbage bag. I sprayed vinegar in the entire bathroom again and then steamed the floors. It finally smells normal again! Man oh man I searched days for what was causing it and the entire time it is sitting in my garage can. What kid pees in a garbage can that is in a bathroom?!! I guess mine does. I just wish I knew why, I am sure it would be an interesting reason as it usually always is with him.

Of course I didn't get mad at him and he got no punishment. We told him he wouldn't because we needed to know if it was him. But we was told that he was never ever to do that again. I think I will be following him for the next little bit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom searched for a week to try and figure out where the putrid smell at our place was coming from (my childhood home) The three of us kids and consipred to hide the bag of brussel sprouts she had purchased so we wouldn't have to eat them! She finally found them where we had stashed them behind the floor length curtains in the dining room. :o)