Friday, January 23, 2009

A new me!

Wow it has been an amazing week. I feel human again, I feel better than human, I feel great!! I have had a little bit of a life altering week. I think after being so stressed and so sick for so long I hit rock bottom. A couple of great people helped point out that I might not be seeing things clearly anymore and so I was almost making it worse then it actually was. I was smacked in the face with the "TODAY IS THE DAY" where I had to make big changes. I kept trying to do it all and yet couldn't but kept on trying harder and harder. A great friend told me to learn to work smart, not harder! How smart is she? Why could I have not figured this out? Thanks Kelly for helping me re-focus and find the goddess that I am and lost somewhere along the way.

One thing that happens to us moms is we lose ourselves along the way. We are almost forced to *change* the moment we become pregnant. Then we have a baby, we pour everything we have into that amazing being. We go for days without sleep, showers or even getting dressed. We miss meals, we miss taking care of ourselves we are so busy taking care of everyone around us. In all of this we lose who we were. I am not saying that we should hold onto that, we will never be that again. Now we are something a lot more important - we are a MOTHER! There is nothing better in this world, not even being a father. Sorry Hun and all the other amazing dads out there.

What is important as a mom is for us to take care of ourselves. Once put to me as self care, not selfish! If we don't take care of ourselves, if we don't put ourselves first we won't be able to take care of the ones who we love. Be selfish and think about yourself, because in many cases no one else will. If not you will end up like me. You can be on the brink of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, hit a point where you are not happy with what you feel is everyone and everything around you when in turn you are not happy with yourself. Don't try to do it all yourself - balance, balance, balance!

Who really cares if you have a spotless house, you make gourmet meals or have a great paying high powered job. Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow. Live in today. Why cause extra stress that you have no power over. My husband said to me once when I was stressing about the economy and all the recession talk that why stress when there is no affect on us. He is right! Until the time comes that we are directly affected by this economic downturn I am not going to worry about it, after all I don't have any control over what will happen. And if I do stress then I feel like I am letting the media win. I am letting all of their scare tactics make me a worry wart.

I still feel that the most important lesson I have learned over the last month is that you MUST surround yourself with amazing people. People who truly care about you and are not all for them. Yes friends are important but I would rather have one great friend who I know I can turn to for anything then 15 friends who I know would not be there if I really needed them. They always seem to let you down, they seem to hurt you and prove that they were really not a friend. I am so thankful for the amazing women that I have in my life. They care about me and want to help me be an amazing woman - now that is a friend - thank you!

No comments: