Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Is she trying to tell me something?

My 3 year old daughter decided this morning while I was making chicken soup to do some drawing, and she wanted to draw me. I looked over and was amazed at her picture of me! I was proud of her, she just turned 3 on the weekend and until this point you have not been able to really make out what she is drawing. But this morning she got it right, she gave me legs, and I had a face. I was so proud and smiling until she started drawing Daddy!

I am the one in the middle, Daddy is the one on the right and she is the one on the left.

So when Daddy got home from dropping of Kal I told her to show him, I was still proud of her drawing, even if I was 10 times the size of him. He asked if that looked like mommy and she held the picture up beside me and said yep. I asked why mommy was so round, and she said "because you are fat"!!!

My husband was sweet and added that Mommy is probably going to the gym this morning! I have to laugh at it, because I am the furthest thing from fat. My husband is bigger than me, sure he is all muscle, but he trains at the gym for 3 hours a day 5 days a week, and he didn't have 2 kids.

Maybe I should ask why Mommy is not smiling...

No comments: