Friday, October 3, 2008

Those first words

For months I have been working on having Miss E say her brothers name. Don't think I am nuts this little girl says everything. She has sentences like "peak a boo I see you"! She can call both cats by name, Chico and Charlie. She says airplane and bull dozer and outside, I hear raisins 50 times a day (read my post below about the little box, her obsession has gotten worse, and if anyone knows so has her poops!!!) but do you think she would say Kalman? NO! She will repeat anything and everything you say. Not always good so I really have to watch what I say around her. She yells out BOOBIE all the time - that is a whole other post! So for weeks I tried all the time. All we got was mommy, daddy and bobby. Did she think his name was Bobby? We never refer to him as that. Did she want to change his name to that? Was it payback for him picking her name? Was my little miss independant 1 1/2 year old already wanting to change her name and since he picked it she decided to call him Bobby? I don't know. She went around all day saying Ella, she knew her name.

Well one day last week I went to get her from her crib to go pick her brother up from school and she said it! I layed her down to change her bum and told her we had to go pick up Kalman and she said "Kalman" right back to me!! I was so excited! So she finally calls her brother by name. She also calls all the construction workers and kids in the neighbourhood by name.

It reminds me how different your own kids will be. She talks like crazy and is a year and a half and he didn't say more than 3 words until after his 2nd birthday. Now at 4 you can't stop him from talking!!

Now if I could just get her to stop saying boobie...

No comments: