Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well the holidays came and went, and 2009 is here. It honestly all feels like a blur to me. Most of us spent the entire two weeks of Christmas vacation sick. Mr K came down with strep throat again just before Christmas, but thankfully the antibiotics had him feeling well enough to head to Christmas eve dinner at my brothers. Well Christmas day around lunch I started feeling like poop. I got a little worried because it was my last day of my antibiotic for my strep throat. Thankfully the strep never came back but the flu set in hard. It was horrible feeling so bad on Christmas day, but what was worse was my husband and daughter getting sick a few days later. We all got the flu pretty bad, and are still fighting it almost 2 weeks later. I hear from some that is lasts for 3 weeks. Thankfully I buy tissues in bulk!! Miss E got it the worst though, she still doesn't have her voice back. We had a day where nothing would help her fever. It is so hard to have a sick child. Really hard when they are not old enough to tell you what is going on. There was a day of telling us hurts, we just could not figure out what hurt.

Well back to school tomorrow for Mr K and I am back at the regular grind. My to do list is large. I had really high hopes for getting so much done and being really organized to start 2009 both personally and professionally but when the entire family gets sick it makes is really hard to get anything done. A sick clingy 1 year old makes it impossible for me to do anything but cuddle. If I tried to one hand type an email she would take my arm and wrap it around her back so that I would just cuddle. It was kind of cute!

Mr K was amazing though. He was stuck at home a lot and really was a great sport about it. He got some great gifts from Santa and us that got a lot of use. My favorite was a Crayola Dry Erase lap kit that he spent endless hours writing his name, his sisters name, our names, and working on the alphabet and numbers on. He also drew some great pictures. It made me realize that the only problem with that is the only way to remember it all was to take a photo with my camera!

So I will hopefully have enough strength tomorrow (that has been the hardest part about still feeling like crap, lack of strength to do anything) to do some stuff around the house. At least we got the decorations down and packed back away for another year. The kids were sad to see Santa go!

In the next couple of weeks I hope to have a few things to share with all of my wonderful customers. We are putting a new spin on the "print your own" option. Sharing a bunch more new designs. And the most exciting is our "wall art" for all those parents who want something a little different or wish that they had gotten a Grace Announcement designed birth announcement.

No comments: