Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cartoons, Cartoons, and more Cartoons

Yes my kids watch cartoons. They love Treehouse a little too much. I always said that TV was going to be a treat but in many cases it has become a help when I have work to do. Well my son is now really into watching TV and movies, and he will sit through it all. So because it is Spring Break I decided to let him stay up a little later with me a couple of nights. Tonight he is sitting beside me, all cuddled in which just melts my heart (and makes up for his not so nice behaviour the past couple of days) and watching Franklin when Little Bear comes on. I know how much he really enjoys Little Bear so I let him stay up and watch it too. Hopeful that maybe the extra 20 minutes will give me an extra 20 minutes of sleep in the morning!! Well the show ends and off up to bed he goes, I go up and turn on the humidifier (he has another cough) and tuck him in with a hug and kiss. Another thing that melts my heart! I come back down, sit down with my laptop and start working. An hour later I realize I am still watching Treehouse... maybe deep down I am as much of a fan of the shows as they are!!

I know I secretly love watching Berenstain Bears with him, I loved it as a child too! Little Bear, Franklin, and many others are cute little shows that have good meaning behind them. That and they might give me a couple minutes to send an email or start dinner.

Wow I admit that I let my kids watch TV, and more then some might think is okay.

No comments: